Your Indian Solar Industry updates within 10 mins! http://solfeeds.com/?edition_id=97d5f570-073a-11e9-9722-0cc47a0d164b
1.Azure Power, the only bidder in the auction of 10 GW solar tender linked with 3 GW (earlier 5 GW) manufacturing capacity, is being asked by the government to bring down its quoted tariff. Azure submitted bids for setting up 2,000 MW power project combined with 600 MW manufacturing of solar components at a tariff of Rs.2.85.
2. The Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission has approved the competitive bidding process for procurement of power from wind-solar hybrid projects with an upper tariff ceiling of ₹2.75 /kWh and PPA tenure of 25 years..
3. Greater Visakhapatnam Smart City Corporation Ltd. has issued a tender for 15 MW of floating solar farm under the Smart City Mission.The last date for bid submission is January 9, 2019.
4. GST Council has clarified that renewable energy devices and parts will be taxed at 5% -and services at 18%. But the industry is still not clear as to the effective date.
5. The International Energy Agency projects that electricity demand in India will almost triple between 2018 and 2040. As of October 2017, about 178 million people were still living off-grid.
6. Commitments to climate actions have been made by more than 9,000 cities from 128 countries, around 240 states and regions from over 40 countries and more than 6,000 businesses in 120 countries representing $36 trillion, says UN yearbook for 2018.
7. Indian renewable energy industry wants government to resolve challenges related to high tariffs and costly infrastructure in the new year.
8. Interview with Mr.Ramnath Vaidyanath, CEO, WiSH Energy
9. Vikram Solar has installed a 100 kW grid tied rooftop solar PV system for Parijat Industries in Ambala, Haryana. The system will produce an approximate 1.5 Lakh units of electricity annually and reduce carbon emissions by 123 metric tonnes in a year.
To get daily solar updates, feel free to subscribe on http://www.solfeeds.com